Saturday, August 13, 2011

Passion for Fashion

I'm sitting at work, and I've got about a million ideas for clothing I want to make dancing around in my head. It's times like this that make me wonder why I ever chose to work in the medical field. Anyways... I've pretty much made up my mind that I am going to build my very own wardrobe this year. I have tons of fabric piled up, and quite a few patterns that are just waiting to be used. I also have quite a few pieces in line to be re-purposed {very excited about these}.  I bought a few basic tops from Victoria's Secret, and I'm hoping that those will suffice until I'm finished with this mission. Here's the next pattern I'll be working with, just as soon as I'm finished with the dress from my previous post: 

I'm making it as a tunic instead of the dress in the photo. I plan to do the bodice in vintage floral cotton, and the cap sleeves and skirt portion in white/black polka dot cotton. I love combining different fabric patterns- it's like my own way of quilting or patchwork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment